Friday, December 11, 2009

OKC Visit


Today Cole and I went to OKC and Lisa Bialon hosted a little Christmas party in honor of our return to OK.  Elizabeth and Lisa are the two women I spent a lot of time with leading up to us leaving Oklahoma.  Elizabeth is pictured here with her youngest, Hayden, and Lisa with her youngest, Blake.  You know me and Cole:).

Of these 4 kids, who do you think is oldest?  It is the child with the missing sock.  Still don't know?  It's Cole!  Can you believe it?  Hayden is 30 lbs and was born a week after Cole.  Next oldest is Lily, and the youngest is Blake.  It is so amazing to see them all now.  When we left Oklahoma Hayden and Cole were 3 months, Lily was just born, and Blake was born the day we closed on our house in NC so it was our first time seeing him.

Look at this big little guy!  He's as mischevious as his older brother and sister, and just as cute!

The boys!  Jackson Hamilton is the only one missing and he would have been the oldest.

After the lovely party where I saw so MANY GREAT friends, we went to the Fife Corporation where I used to work.  "Aunt" Rochelle came in on her day off just to see Cole.  He liked these light-up reindeer, but was terrified of touching them.  More pictures from the Fortes visit coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candice!

I keep forgetting I have to go to your blog, that it doesn't magically appear in my list.

Cole is so big and your updated family pic at the top of your blog is really good.

I loved the Santa post. Hannah adored Santa, always sat and posed with a huge grin on her face. She had that guy pegged early on and was never afraid. Sophie howled and screamed.

The post about Cole's neatness was cute. Hannah used to line up all our shoes and used them as "cars" for her Sesame Street babies. I think it must be a developmental thing.

I loved your essay. I felt the same way in those early months, those first years even. When they are so little, and it is so hard, sometimes we might want to wish it away and make them older. They get there ~ quicker than you could ever believe. I adored my babies, but my big girls are incredible.

Lisa said...

It was SOOO good to see you and Cole...so glad you could come down for the day! Come again anytime! Love the pictures! LOL

Thanks for letting us know about the updates for your blog...that is a great idea. I should do that for mine...although I have NOT had time for blogging lately and honestly FB is kind of taking over for me. But, thanks for the update!

Also your house looks beautiful! I know you will be excited to move in and really start getting settled. :o)