Friday, December 25, 2009

The Christmas Post




The aftermath of the blizzard left drifts of snow that came up to Jonathan's waist in places.  Here's out our front door.

Here's Cole after opening presents eating a blind bead thing....they were promptly removed from the area.  They are normally tied up every morning to prevent this...

Cole looking at the snow.

Playing with toys...almost none of them are Christmas toys here.

His new stacking set.  We wanted to get him a tall one like Pop-Pop and Grandma have.  He likes it.  See the look of mischief as he is about to knock it over?

Watching Santa's present...Mickey Christmas movie.

Wearing the jacket that Uncle Chris got him from the Ronald Reagan library in California on a recent trip out there.  It is much too big for him, but it will look cool when he can wear it in a year or so.

Cole is in between coat sizes that we have for him here.  His black one he cannot wear if he has a couple layers or a sweatshirt beneath, so the green one comes out.  He was very impatient to get on with the show and go "sledding."

Cole and myself "sledding."  He really enjoyed it.

I quickly discovered there was no way to push the sled as you can see the snow is up to my mid-calf here.  I had to pull it and pull it on the side of me because my leg prints were so deep that a tipping sled was imminent if I directly behind me.

By far Cole's favorite part of the experience (aside from getting warm inside) was going down this huge drift by the truck.  I kept picking up the container and putting it at the top of the "hill" and letting it slide down (in a controlled fashion of course).

And finally, the straw that broke the camel's back...sitting in snow.  "It's Cold..."

IT'S COLD!!!

Jonathan shoveling snow.  A neighbor let him borrow the shovel.  He was doing it with a little narrow shovel for digging trenches.  We will be getting a snow shovel soon:).  The neighbors here are really nice, by the way.  A couple came down and brought us goodies and introduced themselves the other night.  Very nice.

Jonathan shoveled the driveway and as you can see the pile went halfway up the mailbox.  This is serious snow for Oklahoma.

The favorite Christmas toy, aside from the wagon from my parents, seems to be this shape sorter.  He can really only get the circle in consistently, but he does it well and he will probably pick up on more shapes soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you go a lot more snow than we did. But we got a lot, with 50 mile per hour winds, so much of it was drifts.

Love the pictures. =)

Gena said...

Ok, I have finally updated my blog links! I added yours to my private list so hopefully I will remember to come over more! I might even try your suggestion of the update thing. That's a great idea. Cole is getting so big! Love the snow pictures.

The Sefcovic Family said...

In one of those pictures he looks a little bit like Dylan, so I guess it's a good thing they are cousins they could be almost like twins. LOL