Friday, February 19, 2010

The Past Few Days

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Juice, and trying to get him to eat.  Red eyes and booger nose.
Cole had an ear infection last week.  This week he woke up Wednesday with a horrendous fever.  I took him to the doctor.  Already on antibiotics and running a high fever is not a combo that makes sense to me.  So, I took him and the nurse told me if he didn't still have an ear infection they would start looking at his white blood cell count.  This just sounded bad, so I am glad he still had an ear infection in a way.  It is very bad.  The doctor switched his antibiotics and set us up for a Monday appointment with an Ear Nose and Throat guy.  We will find out about ear tubes and such, I am sure.  He was very bad yesterday with a 102.3 fever by ear and just miserable.  He slept poorly and you couldn't even touch his ear without him crying in pain.  I sat on the couch most of the day with him.  Last night his fever broke and he still woke up right when the pain medicine wore off, but we only had to wake up once for him.  He slept in until 8:15 this morning and went back down at noon.  He seems to feel better and is tearing up the place like usual.  I am so happy because it was a bit unnerving to see an energetic toddler lethargically sitting on the couch drinking juice with red, tired eyes.
Anyway, he is on the mend, and so am I.  I need to go get some cleaning done!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear that Cole has been sick! Blake has been sick this weekend too! Fever, congestion and a bit of throwing up! Yuck! Hopefully all will be better soon!